Having a Godly man as the head of your household is truly a blessing. The role of a committed, responsible husband and father is not for the faint at heart. Our husbands carry the weight of our families’ security on their shoulders every day and they should be shown appreciation on a daily basis. Many of us forget the simple ways we can show love to our husbands. Here are four simple and practical ways to show him how you feel.
We know that sexual intimacy is the #1 need for a man, but it’s not all they need. Men enjoy being touched in nonsexual ways as well. Show him love by:
- Enjoying sex on a regular basis
- Giving him a big hug and kiss every day
- Holding his hand when you walk together
- Giving him a massage after a long day
- Running your fingers through his hair
It’s very important to not only show our husbands we appreciate them, but to tell them as well. Here’s what it sounds like:
- “Thank you for…”
- “I really appreciated it when you…”
- “I’m so blessed/lucky to have a husband like you”
- “You’re the best!”
- “What would I do without you?”
Men like to be complimented too! Don’t be shy about it. Let your husband know what you like and love about him by saying:
- “Hey handsome!”
- “You’re so good at…”
- “I’m so happy to be your wife.”
- Compliment him to your family and friends when he can hear you.
- Comment on one of his “manly” attributes.
One of our jobs as wives is to encourage our husbands. Our encouragement will push them to be the men God has called them to be. Our words have the power to build them up or tear them down. Build your husband up by saying:
- “I believe in you.”
- “You can do it.”
- “I trust you.”
- “I’m proud of you.”
- “God has great plans for us!”
Make it a daily practice to love on your husband in at least one of these ways. If you haven’t been doing it, you’ll notice a very positive shift in your marriage. If you have, it’s a great way to keep things in a good place or move to a great place!
“A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.” Proverbs 31:10-12