If your pastor is “wishy washy” on gay marriage right now, it will only be a matter of time before his prophetic voice is silenced and his light dims. What do I mean by “wishy washy?” Here are some “red flags” that can help you determine if your pastor/church is going to compromise on gay marriage.
1. Refuses to make public statements on gay marriage. Won’t address it from the pulpit. You won’t find anything on the church website related to traditional marriage.
2. Welcomes and encourages gay people to attend his church and even to serve. The church is not for unrepentant unbelievers, the church is the body of Christ.
3. When you ask him his stance on gay marriage his says, “Jesus hung out with bad sinners” and we must “hate the sin and love the sinners”. He won’t give you a direct answer.
4. He sounds like a politican when to comes to the issue. Gives very vague answers and refuses to boldly proclaim “thus saith the Lord”.
5. Will start preaching sermons which blur the lines between traditional marriage and gay marriage. Will make odd (unbiblical statements) that sound more culturally relevant than Biblical appropriate.
Finally, once 75% of Americans (and the majority in the professing church) support gay marriage, which I believe will happen in the coming 10 years, he will give his backing to gay marriage and will say “his view on the issue evolved” and he will site “personal relationships” he has with gays for his justification to support gay marriage.Saints, gay marriage is going to divide the church. God is going to use this issues to separate the sheep from the goats. This is actually great news!
One of the major issues the professing American church has had the past few decades is the tares amongst the wheat. This issue will help separate true Christians from false Christians. True (Biblical) churches will be refined, the goats will leave those churches in droves (which is actually good) and we will actually have stronger churches!Soon churches that support Biblical Marriage will lose their 501c3 status, be fined for refusing to marry gays, pastors will likely be jailed, Christian schools will be shut down etc…False Christians will have no desire to attend such churches! These false believers will migrate to churches which have compromised on this issue (many mainline denominations) or they will head to squishy seeker-churches, many of whom will also compromise on this issue.
Raising Godly Children has been shouting this from the rooftops since RGC started back in 2011. Godly Parents, make sure you attend a church or denomination that is strong in their Biblical convictions on this issue. If you don’t know exactly what your Pastor believes about gay marriage, send him an email and find out. If you sense your church “waffling” on this issue, go to the elders or leaders, and if they seem “wishy washy” GET OUT OF THAT CHURCH.