Part 5 of 10 study lessons. For more info on the study lessons click here.
The Whole Armor of God
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak. Ephesians 6:10-20
Need I say more? Your children are in a battle. In fact, every believer in Christ is immediately enlisted in the Army of the Lord once they’re regenerated by the Holy Spirit. Let your children know they are soldiers. Meditate on these verses and answer the questions below. Remember, this isn’t a thorough study on the Armor of God, just a “warm-up” study. I encourage you to utilize the additional resources available (sermons, books andquotes) on the Armor of God and Spiritual Warfare.
Lets take some time and break down this portion of scripture. Dr. John MacArthur from Grace to You did a wonderful job breaking down what the Armor of God is scripturally. This article is a must read to be able to understand the armor. Click here to read.
1. Our strength resides in the Lord (Ephesians 6:10). Read: Romans 4:20, 2 Timothy 2:1, Ephesians 3:16, Ephesians 1:19, Philippians 4:13. From whom should your confidence reside in?
2. Put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:11). Read: Job 29:14, Romans 13:12,. What did you learn from these verses?
3. Satan and Demons. Our Enemy (Ephesians 6:11-12). Read: Colossians 1:13, 1 Peter 5:8, Job 1:7, 2 Corinthians 2:11. What did you learn from these verses?
The Believer’s Armor
4. The Belt of Truth (Ephesians 6:14). Read: Isaiah 11:5, 1 Peter 1:13, Luke 12:35. What did you learn from these verses?
5. The Breast Plate of Righteousness (Ephesians 6:14). Read: (Isaiah 59:17, 1 Thessalonians 5:8, Isaiah 61:10, 2 Corinthians 6:7). What did you learn from these verses?
6. The Shoes of Peace (Ephesians 6:15). Read: Isaiah 52:7, Romans 10:15. What did you learn from these verses?
7. The Shield of Faith (Ephesians 6:16). Read: 1 John 5:4. What did you learn from this verse?
8. The Helmet of Salvation (Ephesians 6:17).
9. The Sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17). Read: Hebrews 4:12, Isaiah 49:2, Hosea 6:5, 2 Corinthians 6:7.What did you learn from these verses?
That God would help you lead your children into Spiritual Warfare.