Tips for traumatized parents
1. Spend time teaching your children about God from His Word.
Noah would have had very little in the way of written records—at most the information contained in Genesis chapters 1–5. But God did communicate directly with him, regarding His intention to ‘blot out man’ (6:7) and the rest of creation. Noah also received very specific instructions for building the vessel which was to save him, his family, and the animals from the Flood.
2. Demonstrate the total trustworthiness of the Creator.
3. Tell them the truth about God’s view of this world.
4. Help them to test what they are taught by the Word of God.
5. Remind them of the temporary nature of this world.
6. We must prepare them to take ridicule or persecution.
7. We must teach them not to be discouraged by tiny numbers.
8. Keep looking with them for God’s tender mercies.